I wake up around 3am and think that I hear the dog jump off my bed and fall down. I get up, turn on the light and look for him. He is standing in the middle of the floor, looking like he has to go out. I take him downstairs, all the way to the backdoor. He won't go out. His tail is up his butt and he is cringing and shaking. I think, He's having another seizure. Then I hear it. The intermitent beep of a battery going dead in a smoke detector. The dog cringes and shakes uncontrollably. Up the stairs I go , get a chair to stand on and then I remove the battery operated smoke detector from the ceiling, and take out the battery. I hear another beep. I can't figure out where it is coming from. Our two hardwired smoke detectors were disconnected several years ago because dust or moisture would activate them all the time - can't be them!
Wake Doug up and tell him I can't find the blasted noise, help, please. He determines that the beep is coming from
First Alert Carbon Monoxide detector. He can't find a battery so he plugs it in. no more beeps.
I take Chase back into my bedroom and cuddle him for about 45 minutes until his extreme shaking and panting stops. Caro, who slept through the entire event, gets up in the morning, opens her door and steps into a large puddle of dog pee! Good Morning!
Apparently the dog lost control of his functions during one of his seizures. We are still removing the smell of dog urine from the hallway. Caro's feet went right into the shower :)
No comments:
Post a Comment