Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Did you say milkshake?

No, Did you feel the earthquake?
5.9 Earthquake hits East coast of the United States around 1:50pm. Epi center located in Virginia.
I was on my way, in the car, to get my father and take him to the Somerset Medical Emergency Room to have his blood levels checked. ( He is on blood thinners and his level was 9 and should have been around 2.5 or 3). Caro texted me the question Did you feel it? and I told Pop, Hey we just had an earthquake.(No I did not feel this one, but several years ago around 6:45 am I heard a loud rumble and then the whole house shook, five minutes later the radio announcer said that it was an earthquake (Ramapo Fault). It sounded and felt like when they were blasting rock at Chimney Rock Quarry in Martinsville.
Got to the hospital...wait.....seen by triage....wait.......move to cubby......wait.......see nurse....wait......watch the earthquake news over and over again until we couldn't stand it any more......talk to ER Doctor.....wait....bloodwork taken......wait (Don't forget what the hospital charges for an emergency room  bed) It is now around 4 or 5 pm. Chris and Charlie arrive. We Chat, laugh.....Doctor reports blood count is ok, level is down slightly to 8. something. They give Pop a tiny vitamin K pill, and release him, then off to Olive Garden we all go.

No comments:

Post a Comment