Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day in Middlesex

Middlesex did not apply for a permit to close Route 28 this year so the parade route started from Victor Crowell Park and then down Delaware .
Although Diego has lived here most of his life, this was his first Memorial Day parade. Caroline did not have a chance to flash her dazzling smile before I took the picture.
Doug Rex stands for the American Flag (Lillian Dooley in red, off to the side.)
OMG! Look at me. Red, white and blue, jewelry, makeup,hat, and a handsome young man on my arm!
I look like all the other OLD people.

Cool, but what kind of Army jeep is that, anyway?
This parade was about 20 minutes long but it had unique floats. You could tell that although small a lot of effort went into it. Excellent reproduction of our 911 monument.
I believe that the Memorial Day Parade would not be complete without Miss Little League.

Half the town marches in the parade. ( just kidding.)
This was a cool, animated float. (by the way, we had torential downpours around 6AM and it seemed that we might not have the parade, which started at 11AM)
The temperature is expected to reach 90 degrees today with pop up thunderstorms. I hope we get all our good grillin' in before . The menu today consists of BBQ ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers, homemade potato salad and deviled eggs, corn on the cob and angel food cake with strawberries, blueberries and cool whip or ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment