Friday, May 20, 2011

At what cost doth fun be had?

Huh? What I really meant to say was that I had fun shopping with Emilie and her friends at the Somerset Scrapbook Expo. You had to know your prices to get the really good deals. Walked and shopped from 10am until about 1pm. Went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. Had two Malibu Bay Breezes (Emilie bought me one) the petite sirloin and the blonde brownie for one. The other girls were done shopping, but I was determined to make a day of it (I had brought my own car) so I went back into the Expo and shopped until 5pm. Really until my feet hurt so bad that I almost couldn't walk!
Here are some of the goodies:
Found goodies for my new grandson (found some for Kamryn last year, now all I have to do is find it :)
Four packages of acrylic stamps for $5.00 for all...$1.25 each....Wow!
The new trend in scrapbooking- using designer tape. The entire box was $20 and there is enough for both Emilie and I, so we split the cost. Another great deal!
When I went back for a second round I found this free make and take. A clear glass square, special clear glue and a graphic/ or picture and walla....you have jewelry.
Cool Month cards with February misspelled on one and missing January, but cheap enough that I can be creative with the mistakes.
Samantha's Preschool class is having their end of the year class picnic at Colonial Park on Monday and Kamryn is coming. I bought two sheets of these stickers so I could make each of them pages.
And just an overview of everything! And I think I shopped conservatively with upcoming projects in mind! How do you think I did?

2 comments:

  1. Good deals!!! Sheila got a great package too. We pulled it apart in the car and couldn't believe all that she got!! Me? Not so much. I hardly got my list touched. Too much bling this year! I needed your help--Ruby Tuesday's rest room wasn't enough.
    Happy pre schooling!!! Yeah Kellen!!!

    ReplyDelete