Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

Wacky Wednesday didn't happen until approximately 10:30pm last night. I had just gotten home from dinner and Kismet with Caroline and my Dad. I was sitting in Doug's special chair (helps him to get out of chair and stand upright.......
when I reached down along the arms, down under the cushion, you know, to search for money, paper towels, cheese curls, m&m's! ,when my hand touches something solid ....did I mention that I was watching last nights taped Criminal Minds?

I pulled out this old green box. It was heavy and I looked at it. Saw high velocity on it and realized what was in the box.

OH, YES! Do you know what I found a box of in my husbands favorite chair?

a full box of old 32 Smith and Wesson bullets. OMG! "Caro, come here please I want to show you something!" "What Mom?" "Just come and Look!"
Caro said, how do you know that they are bullets (Hey! I do watch Criminal Minds and take notes)
She ran upstairs and asked Doug if they were his (He has been a little depressed about retiring and his Muscular Dystrophy). He emphatically denied that they were his - he knew nothing about them!

In the morning called my brother-in-law who is in law enforcement and asked him what to do about the discovery. At his advice we took the box of bullets to the Middlesex Police Headquarters.

Samantha and Kamryn thought it was a great adventure. All I wanted to do was get the bullets out of the house. We had towait a few minutes for an officer to take our information.

The girls had a million questions. I told them that I had found something that was not a toy and that I needed to tell the police about it and give it to them. (Police took my information, asked where I had found the bullets and how we had gotten the chair, they took the bullets, I said thank you and I hope we don't find the gun, now! and we left)

So after I took this picture we were in great need of a stress reliever, so to end a law enforcement story we went to......

Our local Dunkin Donuts for a banana, two munchkins each, an egg and cheese on a croissont, a large tea with lemon and sugar, two Boston Cremes, and two milks, oh yes and a plain bagel.

A lesson learned, a deed done, a mission accomplished! It really was a Wacky Wednesday and a Thrilling Thursday. Only in America and only to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment