Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Shopping with Dad

He has been the most flexible parent that I have ever seen. He managed to survive three days at our house ( contending with all Three Great-Grandchildren, Halloween, Chase the Poodle, Caroline's bedroom etc.)
Wednesday morning we got up and went back to Pop's house where electricity had been restored. I threw out everything from his freezer and his refrigerator and made a list for his insurance. Then, off we went to ShopRite.
" Need those Olives, way up there!" (want help?) "no, I can get it."
 Thank goodness ShopRite was not too crowded. 
" I don't see the cheese filled coffee cake."
" Ah! The mainstay of my diet! Stouffer's! (really Pat you should try them, they are great!)"
" I lost four when my electricity went out, so now I need nine!"
This is probably a month's worth of food for Pop.

I want to be just like Pop when I grow up! (minus the Stouffer's)

No comments:

Post a Comment