There have always been homemade Christmas Cookies but...this was the First Annual Family Gathering to Make Christmas Cookies Together day! I had very little preconceived expectations for the event and I was determined not to be disappointed in the day. I was quite looking forward to this start of a new tradition and just knew that everyone was as excited as I.
Up early, I cleaned kitchen counters, put away scrapbook stuff, took out garbage and recycling, put up two big tables. I gathered candles, lit them and enjoyed the pleasant aroma and searched for just the right Christmas music ( not overpowering, as it was still before Thanksgiving) to set the mood.
Everyone started arriving around 11:30, by 12 everyone was starving so we ordered two pizzas from Lucas and ate lunch.
Then the real fun began. Let's make cookies! Samantha, Kamryn and I whipped up a batch of Cookie Monster Dough and put that into the refrigerator. Then we took four containers of David's Play Cookie Dough, in four delicious colors -red all over, mellow mood yellow, jelly bean green and too blue 4 you, and we let the fun begin!
Years ago, Paperkins were all the rage, so the girls and I made our own Baking Betty's paperkins.
The other three grownups said "it's all about the kids" so they did not fully engage with the pure joy that I also enjoyed.
The Mom's and Aunt Carrie helped the girls flour and roll and cutout the dough.
And then the REAL FUN began. Sprinkles!
Make sure you push the sprinkles into the dough or they will just fall off.
Kellen really wanted to be involved.
Time to Bake the cookies!
Mess? What mess? Clean it up?
We are so done! We had a great time! Thanks, Grandma!
You are welcome sweet peas', I love you more!
We are SOoooooo done!
No comments:
Post a Comment