Sunday, November 6, 2011

Friends that wine!

Yesterday, Saturday, November 5, 2011 -It was sooooo cold. I did not dress in enough layers. The temperature never got above 50. It was sooooo cold!
The Adventure began at 9am, when I arrived at Barbara Base's and met Rudy, their rescued German Shepard. He is beautiful to look at but don't touch.....just yet! Got to Angela's, switched to her car and off we went to a day outdoors at Great Adventure. Arrived about 10:30, 1/2 hour early for our Safari and Wine tasting with the Giraffes. Checked in and boarded our Safari Van.
Great Adventure is closed to the public for this special event - Ticket holders only. We saw a variety of animals on our way out to the Giraffe area.
Had a great time honing my photography skills.
The day was clear, beautiful and cold - a great autumn day.
We each got a chance to feed the giraffe's.......carrots! Who knew?
This baby lion cub had it's eye on a herd of zebras on the other side of his cage. Lunch?
How many sips make up an entire bottle? How many sips constitute too much?
 Angela, Barbara and I considered this adventure GROUP THERAPY! (can we claim it?)
Although I do not really drink, I had fun tasting all of the different flavors and pretending that I was a connoisseur.
Found this little giraffe at one of the vendor booths, He enjoyed playing let's get tipsy with us.
Lots of things to do with wine bottles after you have drained the contents.
All in all an almost perfect day. I will dress much warmer in the future. Took two hot chocolates in between sips of wine to keep from shivering to death.
Her's lookin' at ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment