Monday, October 24, 2011

The Reader's Digest version

What is the Reader's Digest version? I asked Caroline and she had NO IDEA. I guess many people didn't know that the Reader's Digest searches the world for interesting people, stories and articles and then gives you a abridged version of such in their magazine (so you don't have to read all of the boring details, just the interesting facts).
I consider my blog to be a Reader's Digest like version of my everyday life. It leaves out all the bad and boring parts and only includes the funny, beautiful and absurd parts. So, does it really represent real life then? Probably not!
But really, should it include the arguments, the daily disagreements, the trivial bickering? The discussion about the thermostat, the brand of peanut butter, generic vs name brand, how short to cut the bushes?
I take my photographs to remind me to appreciate the small things in life. I want to appreciate the absolute beauty of a sunset, the magnificence of a cloud, the innocence behind the quirky smile of a seven month old, the developmental stages of children's art, my father continuing to live his life on his terms. I record changes. I record things to remember them. I record things that say that I was  a participant on this earth. I hope I have made a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment