Wednesday, September 28, 2011

59 to 60

Last night I helped to celebrate Sheila Rick turning 64 at Lynne Ewen's house. We got into a discussion about turning 60 and Sheila said, "Did you notice that it is a big jump going from 59 to 60?"
It is a big jump. How did I get to be 60? They said turning 50 was hard, but looking back, I think not so much.
Don't get me wrong. I am grateful for all that I have and all that I have experienced. I know that many lives don't even reach 60 but.....I have lived most of my life! That is sobering. It makes the next 30 years really important.
I don't want to act my age (that is getting harder as the body acts up - can't criss cross applesauce anymore (sit like an indian), after sitting for long periods of time my legs need a couple of minutes before standing, I have sleep apnea and wear a c-pap mask attached to a hose attached to a pressure machine at night, I grind my teeth so I wear a night guard. I still have adult diapers to look forward to!)
I really get up every day ready to treasure the things in my life. I try to see the absolute pure beauty in nature (yes, deer fascinate me) , I LOVE taking care of my grandchildren. Yes, I wish my house were cleaner and neater......but I wished that when I was 30 also. I keep thinking there will be time later for that perfect house.
I am entering an uncertain future and I can only live it the best I can, one day at a time.
49 to 50 was just a jump. 59 to 60 was a leap. I hope that I am around for the 69 to 70 adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment