Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Beautiful blue skies, sunshine and strong spring breezes made up this day. Glorious!
All my children, their spouses, and my grandchildren were there.
The man that made me a mother was there to share the day with me.
The only cloud was the reminder that my Dad is not doing well. It reminds me of how fragile and fleeting life is. It reminds me of all the family members that have lived and gone before me.
So, I took in deep breaths of air. I closed my eyes and let the sunshine warm me. I listened to the sounds of laughter and living. I wanted to soak it in. To remember this day forever. If I could leave a message to my children, I would tell them that family is everything. Living is hard and often a struggle but family makes it all worthwhile. I have been and continue to be so lucky. I have it all!












No comments:

Post a Comment