Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Funk

I have been in one. Too tired to pick my head up off the pillow. Too overwhelmed with living everyday, to blog about it.I did take pictures. I did participate in events. I was not depressed. I was just exhausted, so I took lots of naps.

On the positive side, I finished my radiation treatments on Monday, February 25th (Doug's 64th birthday). I had joined weight watchers on January 2, 2013 and as of February 25th I had lost a total of 18 pounds.Five days later on Saturday, March 2, Emilie's due date, and Dr. Seuss' Birthday, Abigail Rose Tomaro arrived. The family , minus Emilie and Abigail, gathered at Houlihan's in Bridgewater to celebrate Doug's 64th birthday and Pop's 91st birthday. I slept over at Samantha's that night so Matt could be with Emilie and Abigail. Monday, March 4th (officially named ONWARD DAY by Doug Rex), Abigail Rose came home from the hospital!

March 5 - out to dinner with Lynne and Shiela and weight watchers , down 20.6.pounds ; March 6 - Dinner and Kismet at Pop's;  March 7 - Kamryn's 5th Birthday; March 8 - Angela has pneumonia, I babysit Abigail from 5:30 -  9pm; Sunday, March 10 - SPRING ahead.
March 11-17th included, Daddy's actual 91st birthday, weight watchers (-22.4 lbs), Lynee Ewen had a hysterectomy, Angela and Natalie's science project, chicken eggs, did not hatch, Angela had a card class, Sheila and I went but we had to leave early because Kellen was in the emergency room in PA. and we needed to go babysit Kamryn. (kellen was dehydrated and had been sick for over a week), Oh yes, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day.
March 18 - 31, - Visit chairlift showroom, removed wallpaper from bedroom walls, weight watchers
- 23.8lbs; Dentist for me, Caro diagnosed with celiac disease (no gluten); Kellen's 2nd birthday; Combined party for Kamryn and Kellen, Tim interviews for job in Maryland, weight watchers -24.2 lbs.; one month visit to radiologist/oncologist; Pop admitted to hospital with internal bleeding; Easter!

Just writing it all down makes me want a nap:) So, this is basically caught up. When life happens , it happens hard and fast and you just have to hang on.
Meet Abigail Rose Tomaro, born on her due date and Dr. Seuss' birthday, Saturday, March 2, 2013.
She arrived at 9:11am, weighed 7. lbs, and was 19.5 inches long. She was born at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ.



My fourth Grandchild!
 
Pop celebrates his 91st birthday early at Houlihans, on March 2, 2013 (The day his fourth Great Grandchild was born.

Samantha finally gets to hold her new sister! She was not allowed into the hospital for a sibling visit because we were still in the middle of the flu epidemic.

Pop Meets Abigail at Perkins  for breakfast.
 
 
Kamryn's 5th birthday and Kellen's 2nd birthday Party, Saturday, March 23, 2013.
 
Caroline with all of her niece's and nephew at Kamryn and Kellen's Birthday party.
 
The Rex family on March 23, 2013.
 
Kamryn gets her chance to hold Abigail Rose!
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment