Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Sad


Adrienne Dupuis of Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts passed away today at the age of 81 years 11months. She had been ill and declining for awhile. She was my birthmother! I met her three times. The first time was after our baby Adam died. We started looking for medical information. We searched through Catholic Charities and found her. She graciously agreed to meet me. Doug, Tim, Emilie and I camped our way to Biddeford, Maine where we met Adrienne and some of her 10 brothers and sisters.(Caroline was conceived on that trip)
The second time I met Adrienne was at my half-brother's wedding in Massachusetts. My family was invited to attend the ceremony and the reception. We were honored to be included and marvelled at how much I looked like everyone.
The third time was a couple of years ago. We just went up to visit Adrienne. Doug and I drove to Massachusetts and stayed at an inn at the cape. Adrienne lived in Buzzards Bay, near Dana (her son), Kim his wife and Courtney their daughter. We enjoyed a long weekend with them, taking Adrienne out for breakfast and having dinner at Dana and Kim's. Dana, retired from the airforce, became a paid fireman and plays in a band. He drove us onto the airforce base and we saw air force one, which has another name when the president isn't on board. He then continued with a complete tour of the cape. It was quite beautiful. We enjoyed their hospitality and their kind welcome.
A few days ago, Dana phoned with the news that Adrienne was not doing well and it looked like she might not recover. We received another phone call from him today, telling us that she had passed away. It was very sad news.
Adrienne will be creamated and internment will be postponed until the spring. It was a relief to me, as I am in the middle of my radiation treatments and could only go up there for a weekend. Dana will let us know when the arrangements are made.
Thank you Adrienne for the gift of life. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment