Hey! I am still here. A lot has gone on this month. You can tell when I don't have anything nice to say.....I just stop posting. What have I been doing? Eating, sleeping,babysitting,worrying,texting,and then doing it all over again. Not enough energy to scrapbook, take pictures or to keep up with my 365 album (That is just wrong!!!)
On January 27th my friend Barbara Base's mother was injured critically in a four vehicle accident in South Brunswick. Alma Smith, 77, the victim,was hit by an SUV (the accident was not her fault - just the wrong place/wrong time). She was taken to Robert Wood and was unconscious for a week. She is slowly making progress.
Our neighbors on Greene Avenue were robbed in broad daylight on Sunday, January 29th. (locking our doors has become routine.
Friday, February 3rd, Samantha starts running a temperature on and off all day and I babysit her at my house until 10pm. (She was better the next day.)
Thursday, Feb.9th, Arrived at Emilie's house at 5:30am. Em was having medical test for ulcers. I got Samantha up, fed, dressed and out to Pre-K, went with her on her class trip to the post office and then took her home, Went out to lunch with Matt, Emilie and Sam. Got back home to find the dog in distress with poop clinging to his behind.(That almost pushed me over the edge). We had to muzzle him, leash him to the rail of the deck, loop a sheet under his back legs (so he couldn't sit down) and then guess who had to use very fine scissors to delicately snip the hair and poop away from the dog's anus? It is my dog! It is my dog! I was too wired to take a nap or to go to bed early so I didn't go to bed until 11:30pm.
Friday, February 10th, Babysat all three grandchildren. Fun and uneventful. Robyn comes to pick up
Kamryn and Kellen and asks if I had heard yet that Tim had been laid off!!!!! He has been working from home for the last 6months for a company in South Carolina. When Caroline walked in from work I said, "Tim got fired today!". She said, Oh, No!, Why?". Kamryn burst into tears wanting to know what happened to Daddy? Robyn, stayed calm and immediately dialed Tim, so that he could tell Kamryn that he was OK. It must have been our tone of voice that set her off. Good job Grandma!
Saturday, February 11th - Whitney Houston died. Emilie and Tim and I watched The Bodyguard , with Whitney and Kevin Costner over and over again. I know she had problems but it still made me sad.
I guess these were not earth shattering problems looking back on them. But you add daily jobs, sleep deprivation, no free personal time, a stuffed up nose since January........I couldn't pick my head up off the pillow!
SO, I am looking forward to March. My father turns 90,my grandson turns 1, and my granddaughter turns 4. Think of all the birthday cake to eat!
Poor Kamryn! My girls cried when we told them that Tony was fired this past summer. They're older so they just kept asking WHY. Hard when you don't have a good answer.
ReplyDelete