Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Snowblower

I depend on it! I will certainly need it in the morning to help remove the 14 inches of snow that will have fallen. But I can't depend on it. It stopped running today when I needed it. I had to shovel. The piles are getting so high that I don't know if I will be able to throw the snow that high. I was angry, very angry. Angry that I was out there shoveling by myself.; Angry that Doug is unable (not unwilling) to help: Angry that this will be my life, now.I understand that this is completely out of our control- the disability and the weather but,Shouldn't we have prepared for what we could control. Doug is not dead, he can call and pay a little extra to get someone to pickup and service the snow blower. He watches me struggle with it and then has the audacity to open a window, stick his head out and tell me what I am doing wrong. How about, "Patty, come in, you are going to hurt yourself trying to get that machine to work." " Let's find a better way to do this."
He seems to be self absorbed with what he can't do and doesn't think about all that I now have to do.
He sets me off! I overreact ! I am so angry!

1 comment: