Sunday, June 13, 2010

Garage Sale - Mallomars and Used Book Store




Up at 4:45 am, hauled sorted and arranged until 7:30am when first early-bird arrived (sale 8am-3pm)!
Out for their second Garage sale, the gnomes were looking good:


Cloudy and overcast, we were lucky because that kept the heat away. Steady business until around 11:30am. Couldn't have run this sale without Caroline and Diego! They worked their little butts right off!
Look how much stuff we had. Other than scrapbooking stuff and one or two boxes (yes-gnomes), we threw everything that didn't sell out. We made $550 which I split with Caroline.

OH! did you want to know why I mentioned Mallomars?  Pop really enjoys them. so we set out on a mission to buy him some. Not a one to be found! Do you know why? BECAUSE IT IS NOT MALLOMAR SEASON ! Who knew cookies had seasons! They will be available sometime in late September when it becomes cool enough to ship them. Who Knew?

Used Book Store
Sunday, today Caro and I embarked on a trip to the Montgomery used book store with the books that did not sell at the garage sale. We brought in over 40 books and recieved a $60 credit (they no longer give cash for the books  which would have only been $30). SO..........we walked out of there with 8 books for which we paid with our credit and another $8...........BUT we did get rid of over 40 books.
So, as you can see this weekend was very productive and profitable. I am now one step closer to getting my house and my life back in order.
CHANGE IS GOOD!

4 comments:

  1. I could have told you that it isn't mallomar season. The yellow boxes begin to show up around here in late September or early October. I'll be the lookout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speding money for Valley Forge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela - i told her they were not in season and she didn't believe me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was told to stay away from the garage sale, since I was tempted to buy all the scrapbooking stuff..ha ha ha..oh boy.

    ReplyDelete