Unexpected Change can be like a breath of fresh air - a little brisk at first, but magic for the body and soul....
......Susan Wiggs in Just Breathe
Daddy and I were talking about this last night. Despite the drama and the pain ,some good things have come out of Dad's broken hip. He has been the best patient (unusual in itself......what is going on?), He has started to exercise more than he has in years and guess what? He has his appetite back. He now proudly proclaims that he ate everything on his plate and asked for dessert. I think he realizes how lucky he has been, living on his own for so long. He hasn't had a cigarette in almost 40 days , and says he doesn't want to start again. But....isn't there always a but, I hope he hasn't gotten spoiled. He gets three square meals served to him, either Chris or I visit him everyday and talk, watch TV or play dice games with him. (By the way, the man's luck has been phenomenal since he entered the rehab center). He's ordered a hospital bed, two commodes, a walker and a wheel chair ( He has enjoyed the accommodation's at Rehab) for home.
Remember that my word for 2010 is change, and accepting change has never been my strong point. But I am trying to embrace the changes that are coming my way. I hope I recognize the magic!
No comments:
Post a Comment