Blogging is not easy this year. I seem to always be playing catch up. I am too busy living life to blog about it. Most of my life these days revolves around my children and my grandchildren. Babysitting, attending school events, attending children's sporting events, taking grandchildren to birthday parties. Wait, didn't I just do all this with my children?
And to make matters worse - They all become photo opportunities. Then they become scrapbooking moments and on and on and on.
On another note: I have decided that since we have reached all of our insurance deductables, my 61st year is the year of my complete tune-up. I have been back to the doctor and my mamo right now is clear. I have seen the dentist and had three cavities filled and a new mouth guard made. I have had my 5 year colonoscopy and have been told that I have a perfectly pink colon. I still need to make an eye appointment, my eyes seem to not be working together sometimes. Did I mention that I have been attending weight watchers since January? I have lost 34 pounds to date. I would really like to lose 50 lbs. So, in September, when I turn 62, I will then truly be Perfect Pat (who will start to collect Social Security early)
Richard Gordon has used up another one of his lives. A month ago he fell on top of his walker. He knew he was bruised but brushed himself off and thought he was okay. NOT! For two weeks he walked around with a broken pelvis. He had almost stopped eating and sleeping before he agreed to see a doctor. He just could not stand the pain. Of course he went into the hospital where they gave him pain medication on a regular schedule, fluids because he had become dehydrated, and food to restore his energy. After 5 days in the hospital, Dad was transported to Arbor Glen for rehabilitation. There he got a very noisy at night roommate, three square meals a day, excercises that would strengthen his arms so he could handle a walker, excercises that he could do with his legs while the pelvis healed and again medication at regular intervals.
We (Chris, my sister and I) took this opportunity to have a service come in and completely remove and clean the dirt and nicotine from all surfaces in Pop's house. Of course that meant that Chris and I needed to open the house and close it every time the service came, and it stretched into more than five days. Believe it or not, we got a great deal for $1300. They told us right up front that they were not Merry Maids and they would clean every wall, ceiling and floor plus the contents in Pop's house.
Today, Abigail Rose Tomaro, my fourth grandchild, went to lunch with Angela Cooper, Clara Cooper -2yrs, Barbara Base (recovering from a partial hysterectomy) and me at Houlihan's in Bridgewater. Then we ran over to Arbor Glen to see Pop. We only got to visit for about 20 minutes because Pop had to go to rehab. But just look at the two of them sizing each other up! Pure Love!
Thanks for getting me out of the house!!
ReplyDelete