Surgery is scheduled for this Friday. The hospital will call Thursday evening to tell me what time to be at the hospital. No food or drink after midnight.
They will do a lumpectomy and send it to be tested. I will get those results in a week. If the margins around the cancer are clear, I heal for five weeks then start radiation. If the margins are not clear then another lumpectomy occurs. Repeat testing, clear-radiation, not clear-a lumpectomy or mastectomy.
The stage can be changed and then I might need chemo also. It is all definately out of my control. Even if all goes smoothly I am sure that down the road I will have scares - sure that the cancer has returned. I assume I will be monitored very closely for the next five years, but actually I want to be closely monitored for the rest of my life! I can see that I will be getting through this for the rest of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment