Here is the scoop:
September 11, 2012 - first mammography since last one a year and a half ago
September 24, 2012 - They called me back for a second diagnostic mammography and recommended
that I see a surgical oncologist.
October 4, 2012 - Met with Dr Kolli at Robert Wood Johnson Cancer
Center. she scheduled me for a biopsy.
October 18, 2012 - The biopsy was done at University Radiologists in New Brunswick.
Pain discomfort was a 3, emotional distress was a 22! Waiting for results..HELL!
Statistic -80% of biopsy results are negative.
October 23, 2012 - Angela and I on the spur of the moment make plans and go to Stan's Shoe Shack
then to Michaels and then to the Bridgewater Mall. I was in the clearance section
of Michaels when the radiologist called with my results. All I heard was that my
biopsy came back positive. She said more but I guess I just tuned it out.
No crying! No hysterics! Ok, now I know! I am back in control and can take care
of this. Told all immediate family members except my father (wanted to tell him
in person).
October 24, 2012 - I practiced saying ....I have cancer! A little unbelievable and during Cancer
Awareness Month no less. Called Surgeons office and asked to change
appointment from November 1 to something this week .....Oct. 25, 2012.
Dinner with Caroline and Pop. Told Daddy. All he could do was look at me and
shake his head, but we didn't cry.
October 25, 2012 - Today! Saw my surgeon Dr. Kolli. My diagnosis is Ductal Carcinoma in SITU
with breast calcifications (DCIS). It is a stage 0 cancer, which is very good. There
is only a 2% chance of it spreading into my lymph nodes.
The cancer will be surgically removed by a wire localized lumpectomy. I will
recover for 5 to 6 weeks and then begin 6 weeks, 5 days a week of radiation and
then I will begin a five year hormone treatment probably Tamoxifin. I will have a
mammography every six months for at least the next two years.
This type of cancer has a 100% five year survival rate. I WILL LIVE!
Thank God! Everything sounds so positive and you do too so that should be a big boost to you. Everyone is behind you and with all the prayers and love---all will be great!!!
ReplyDeleteLynne